We want to know Jesus as He is revealed in the Bible, including the passages referring to after his resurrection. It is one of the messages we focus on at IHOPKC. About the coming days, Jesus said in one generation that certain things would happen, then He would soon return. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things [the signs and the shaking at the end of this age] take place. (Mt. 24:32) The Bible highlights a generation as a forty to 100 year time frame. We get these numbers the Lord when he spoke about the wandering of the Israelites (Nu. 32:13) and the conversation He had with Abraham about Israel’s slavery (Gen. 15:13-16).
So the Lord’s anger was aroused against Israel, and He made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation that had done evil in the sight of the Lord was gone. (Nu. 32:13)
Then He [God] said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs. . . four hundred years… 16 But in the fourth generation they shall return here…” (Genesis 15:13-16)
What are those things the Scripture highlights as trends found in the generation of His return? And if they are happening now, would we respond any different with our lives? I am including a list with this newsletter. Take a look at it. Do you see these things happening now or not? It may be in our lifetime; but if not, our children’s; and if not, their children’s. Either way, when is it too early to study these things or to prepare our hearts for the Lord? Some signs are positive trends; some negative. Some signs are birth pains and others are much closer to the day of His coming. It’s important to know them so we can stay alert and prayerful. The earth will undergo the most shaking and transition in the days leading up to His return! It will be a greater transition than the one in Noah’s generation. The Bible says “there is none like it!” (Dan. 12:1; Jer. 30:7). Are we ready for it? We want to know Him and have His message on our heart as the Day approaches. Thank you for your partnership as it is helping prepare people and their hearts for Jesus!
Some of the signs or trends that will happen before the Lord Jesus returns. Can you add to this list?
- Global prayer and worship springing up (Is. 56:7; 42:10-13);
- The reestablishing of the State of Israel (Zech 8:3; 14:1-4; Isa. 66:8);
- The increase of knowledge (Dan. 12:4);
- The gospel being preached to all nations (Mt. 24:14);
- The fullness of the Gentile church in maturity and numbers (Rom. 11:25; Eph. 4:11-16);
- The increase of wickedness in the earth (Dan. 8:23; Rev. 14:9; Mt. 13:24-30).
- The revelation of the bridal paradigm (Rev. 22:17);
- The Great Falling Away from the faith (2 Thes. 2:2-3; 1 Tim. 4:1-3)
- The revelation of the mystery of iniquity (2 Thes. 2:2-4)
- The great harvest of souls from all nations (Mt. 24:14; Rev. 7:9)
- The 16+ signs Jesus Himself provides us will happen the generation before HIs coming (Mt. 24:4-8; Luke 21; Mark 13).
* We study these so we can prepare our hearts as many of the events will be unique and challenge our faith. God tells us these in advance so we can stand in confidence and be a light to many. The Lord gives us these so we can study the storyline and be prepared before the events surrounding HIs coming happen.